I have decided that I need a lot more help with writing a “good” story. I feel like I have barely touched on what I need to learn to move forward. I thought having a premise might help with that, but I realise that I have huge gaps in the writing process that I need to fill.
So I am again referring to Joe Bunting and his wisdom on story structure and how to write a book (or in my case, edit, edit and edit). I haven’t touched on story structure yet, so this will be an interesting week as I start the “live” webinar part of the course on Sunday.
If you are interested in learning from someone who is not only a successful author and talented writer, but someone who understands the true needs of writers (and offers his advice for free!) then Joe Bunting is your man!
So my edited set of goals looks like this now:
- Complete Joe Bunting’s How to Write a Book/Story Structure course
- Continue writing the Tales of the West series with my new book and new character Roseanna Beaucannon
- Upload my completed stories to Wattpad
- Continue to look for and follow-up on prospective writing opportunities in the entertainment industry
- Consider other half-written stories and whether or not to expand them
- Write more poetry
- Read more authors in the genres that I intend to write for
- Enter a writing competition (the goal is to enter one, not to win but to win would obviously be fantastic!) I have never ever competed in a writing competition, so I’d really like to do this.
I wasn’t going to add a time limit for these goals, but I have given myself six months to try and achieve them all. I am interested to see how far I can get with each goal 🙂
Have any goals for this year you’d like to share? Let me know in the comments, writing friends!
Stay safe out there, and I’ll catch you in my next post (hopefully a post about completing the free writing course).